Navigate to this page to learn of recent honors and awards received by NADE members. Know of someone who has recently received a honor or award? Submit the information here for posting.
- At the recent (Oct. 2-4) College Academic Support Programs' (CASP) Conference in Amarillo, TX , REBECCA GOOSEN, NADE Immediate Past President, was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of her contributions to the field of developmental education. This award is the highest award given to developmental education professionals in higher education in Texas.
- At the recent (Nov. 1-2) Florida Developmental Education Association Conference (FDEA) in Miami, FL, PATTI LEVINE-BROWN, NADE President, was honored for her pursuit of excellence to the field of developmental education at the state and national levels.
NADE Digest, Fall – 2016
“The New (Old) NADE”
- A Position Paper by the Executive Board on the State of the Association
Chronicle of Higher Education
- Remedial Educators Warn of
Misconceptions Fueling a Reform Movement
NADE Executive Board comment on the Higher Education Reauthorization Act
Journal of Developmental Education Outstanding Articles:
- Addressing Flawed Research in
- Effective Student Assessment and Placement: Challenges and Recommendations
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is pleased to announce that our second white paper, Assessment of Learning Assistance Programs is now available online for free download.
The Terrain of College Reading (CRLA Whitepaper)
A Common Framework for Remedial Reporting: Response to Remedial Reporting Task Force Recommendations. Download PDF.
A Cure for Remedial Reporting Chaos: Why the U.S. Needs a Standard Method for Measuring Preparedness for the First Year of College. Download PDF
Previous postings are here.
Be Sure to Check Out
Donate to NADE. Help NADE continue its good work on behalf of developmental students. NADE is on the IRS list, "Exempt Organizations Select Check," as "eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions." Make your donation here. Thank you!
Certification. The program components eligible for certification are Tutoring Services, Course-based Learning Assistance, and Developmental Coursework. Learn more...