Job Search /Job Posting
NADE offers two major opportunities for job seekers and institutions with position openings to connect:
- NADE JOB FAIR. At its annual conference each spring, NADE holds a Job Fair. Please let Curtis Ricker or Janet O'Brien know if you will be attending the conference and are interested in talking to institutional representatives about their openings. Similarly, if your institution is interested in interviewing conference participants at the next NADE Conference, please contact Curtis or Janet to make those arrangements.
- POSITION POSTING/JOB SEARCH. The NADE Professional Job Opportunities Committee provides members with an electronic job list where available positions are posted. The list is updated frequently through electronic submission of information for vacant positions in developmental education. Please help the Professional Job Opportunities Committee by submitting information about vacancies as they occur at your institution. The submission page can be accessed at http://nadejobs.wordpress.com/. Please feel free to share this link with others at your institution who may have pertinent information about developmental education positions.
NADE Digest, Fall – 2016
“The New (Old) NADE”
- A Position Paper by the Executive Board on the State of the Association
Chronicle of Higher Education
- Remedial Educators Warn of
Misconceptions Fueling a Reform Movement
NADE Executive Board comment on the Higher Education Reauthorization Act
Journal of Developmental Education Outstanding Articles:
- Addressing Flawed Research in
- Effective Student Assessment and Placement: Challenges and Recommendations
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is pleased to announce that our second white paper, Assessment of Learning Assistance Programs is now available online for free download.
The Terrain of College Reading (CRLA Whitepaper)
A Common Framework for Remedial Reporting: Response to Remedial Reporting Task Force Recommendations. Download PDF.
A Cure for Remedial Reporting Chaos: Why the U.S. Needs a Standard Method for Measuring Preparedness for the First Year of College. Download PDF
Previous postings are here.
Be Sure to Check Out
Donate to NADE. Help NADE continue its good work on behalf of developmental students. NADE is on the IRS list, "Exempt Organizations Select Check," as "eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions." Make your donation here. Thank you!
Certification. The program components eligible for certification are Tutoring Services, Course-based Learning Assistance, and Developmental Coursework. Learn more...