- checking on the status of your NADE membership
- changing your preferred and/or alternate contact information (you can also do this online here)
- requesting mailing labels (see Policy A-7, A-8, C-4, and E-2 for guidelines)
- requesting NADE database information for your local chapter
- requesting NADE display materials for conferences
- requesting other contact information
All other matters should be addressed to one of the following:
- NADE President (policy issues, formal NADE statements)
- NADE Vice-President (local chapters, chapter insurance)
- NADE President-elect (leadership congress)
- NADE Treasurer (budget, requests for reimbursement)
- NADE Secretary (minutes, schedule of upcoming meetings)
NADE Digest, Fall – 2016
“The New (Old) NADE”
- A Position Paper by the Executive Board on the State of the Association
Chronicle of Higher Education
- Remedial Educators Warn of
Misconceptions Fueling a Reform Movement
NADE Executive Board comment on the Higher Education Reauthorization Act
Journal of Developmental Education Outstanding Articles:
- Addressing Flawed Research in
- Effective Student Assessment and Placement: Challenges and Recommendations
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is pleased to announce that our second white paper, Assessment of Learning Assistance Programs is now available online for free download.
The Terrain of College Reading (CRLA Whitepaper)
A Common Framework for Remedial Reporting: Response to Remedial Reporting Task Force Recommendations. Download PDF.
A Cure for Remedial Reporting Chaos: Why the U.S. Needs a Standard Method for Measuring Preparedness for the First Year of College. Download PDF
Previous postings are here.
Be Sure to Check Out
Donate to NADE. Help NADE continue its good work on behalf of developmental students. NADE is on the IRS list, "Exempt Organizations Select Check," as "eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions." Make your donation here. Thank you!
Certification. The program components eligible for certification are Tutoring Services, Course-based Learning Assistance, and Developmental Coursework. Learn more...